For many of us our goal in the New Year is to lose weight and start feeling healthy again. Unfortunately, many people will become frustrated as these fad diets give us false energy, starve us from needed nutrients and never address the underlying root of the problem. Healthy weight loss is possible—but we need to look deeper and gain a better understanding of what’s going on inside.
It could an underlying issue related to hormones, a weakened immune system, toxicity in the liver, metabolic system or decreased “good” bacteria in the gut and micro-biome. Deep Roots Natural Medicine takes a deep dive into all of this and educates you on exactly what’s happening with your body, why it’s happening and how we can help you achieve healthy weight loss and a happier you!
The United States contains one of the highest percentage of obese people in the world. An obese person in America incurs an average of $1,429 more in medical expenses annually. We want to continue helping others find their way to better health for the long term and reverse these statistics.
Here are a few easy tips to help get you started:
1) Increase your fiber consumption by eating a large portion of vegetables with every meal.
2) Eat healthy fats earlier in the day to help keep your brain sharp and focused for the day.
3) Have fruits or carbs later in the day to help you sleep.
4) Exercise when you wake to boost your cortisol levels naturally, 15 minutes or more and can be a simple walk or going to the gym.
5) Drink more water. Mix it up by adding lemon, lime, cucumber or basil.
6) Limit your intake of dairy, bread, sugar and processed foods.
Our personally customized plans are for motivated patients looking to lose weight naturally, safely, and effectively. Our treatments include acupuncture, functional medicine, health coaching, dietary recommendations, Chinese herbal medicine and high-quality whole food based supplements. Combined, these modalities work by reducing unhealthy cravings, anxiety, irritability and instead, increasing your energy. All of this makes it easier to achieve your goals toward a healthy lifestyle.
Please reach out to us to schedule a consultation or get more information. Deep Roots Natural Medicine 312-759-7600